There is Plenty to Do In and Around Sleepy Creek
If you are staying at our Bed and Breakfast, we have a number of trails (over 5 kilometers) that you can hike on the 160 acre property. And remember to bring your camera for some photography; you may spot some grouse, bear or other animals.
- In the summer, the fields abound with wildflowers. You may also find a few mushrooms along your hike, especially in very rainy seasons.
- In winter, go cross country skiing and snowshoeing on the trails.
- In the evenings, keep yourself cozy by the fire pit and cook your own sausages.
- Relax by the creek and read a book.
- Have a good read in the library, play board games or play the piano. A ping pong table awaits outside. Play a little bit of badminton.
- Fishing is only 1 km away on the Elbow River, so don't forget to bring your fishing rod.
- Ride the bicycles into and around town.
- Walking trails around the Bed and Breakfast. Click here for the Mape
We also accommodate family reunions, weddings and corporate parties, retreats and other events so, please contact us here.
And In and Around the Hamlet of Bragg Creek...
Bragg Creek's close proximity to the city of Calgary and to the Kananaskis Provincial parks and to other mountain destinations such as Canmore, Banff and Lake Louise makes it a popular destination for both tourists and locals. We are minutes to Kananaskis, 45 minutes to Canmore. A little over an hour to Banff and 1.75 hours to Lake Louise.
Make sure you visit www.braggcreek.ca, www.visitbraggcreek.com, http://braggcreektrails.org for the most up to date information on activities in and around the area. Bragg Creek has it all; golfing, fishing, hiking, mountain biking and cycling. There are 3 shopping malls and a number of restaurants to keep you busy on a weekend trip or day hike. The following are just a taste of what the hamlet has to offer.
- Wintergreen Golf Course http://wintergreengolf.com/
- Smack Cycles http://smackcycles.com/
- Bragg Creek Paintball http://www.thebraggcreekpaintball.com/
- Bragg Creek Provincial Park http://www.albertaparks.ca/bragg-creek/
For Dining Out:
- The Italian Farmhouse http://theitalianfarmhouse.ca
- Bavarian Inn http://www.thebavarianinn.com
- Powderhorn Saloon http://powderhornsaloon.ca
Popular Yearly Cultural Events: